MicroStrategy Reporting Suite 9 Install detects 2 CPU's -Fails Instal;
Posted:
When installing MicroStrategy Reporting Suite 9 w/Vista SP 1, I receive three notices that my Sony VGN-FZ440E laptop has two processors, but I am allowed to proceed.  The next step displays three references to the lack of Microsoft Internet Information Server version 5.0 or better.  The install will not proceed.  I can't imagine this laptop has two CPUs, as it only cost 1200.00.  Is there a way to get around this issue so I can evaluate the Reporting Suite?

Posted:
4 years 10 months ago
Hi Sean,

Are you using the Free Reporting Suite or the Evaluation version?

The Free Reporting Suite is limited to one CPU but I don't think you should have any problem with that... If you're just evaluating the software I suggest that you use the evaluation edition since it has more features.

Regarding your installation process you must have chosen to install the MicroStrategy Web products (and you should since this will allow you to have access to the web interface) and they need Microsoft Information Services to Install and Run properly. That should be why your installation wasn't successful.

Install IIS and then try to install MicroStrategy again. That should work.

Best Regards.

Posted:
4 years 10 months ago
Thank you, I did install/activate IIS and the install detected IIS and asked to shut it down, which I allowed.  Then I received the following:
MicroStrategy Web Universal requirements:
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Application Development Features\ASP
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Application Development Features\ASP.NET

MicroStrategy Web Services requirements:
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Security\Windows Authentication
MISSING Feature: Internet Information Services\World Wide Web Services\Application Development Features\ASP.NET

I'll reboot and see if that helps....

Posted:
4 years 10 months ago
Which version of Vista are you running? MicroStrategy 9 is only supported to run on Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate.

Posted:
4 years 10 months ago
Vista Home Premium...that could be the problem.  Thank you, I will try another laptop.

Posted:
4 years 10 months ago
Sean, 

when you install IIS, you also have to choose to install the ASP and .NET framework (if not already isntalled). IIS 7 alows you to customize the components that are installed, so you have to make sure the additional components are enabled as well.

Posted:
4 years 8 months ago
Hi Sean,

We have installed and configured the free MicroStrategy Reporting Suite 9(MRS) on a dual core machine without any problems. We do get a warning during installation on the dual core machine that the MRS software is licensed for 1 CPU and thus the software will set affinity to 1 CPU. We can ignore the warning and continue the installation – no issues with activation of the servers as well.

Regards,
Hemant